Friday, August 9, 2013

August 9th Five on Friday

Happy Friday Y'all! Linking up to share this week's Five on Friday. Here are 5 things I'm loving this week:

1. This Tumblr dedicated to working at a non-profit - http://workingatanonprofit.tumblr.com/
The printer "survive" one is spot on - we had a printer/copier at my old job that should have been pronounced dead long before I started working there. It finally quit working and was replaced (after meetings about what capabilities we wanted a new printer/copier to have) a few months before we moved. Hope the new staff appreciates that thing!

2. Friends in town
Yesterday afternoon, 2 friends from college (J. went to school with me, and M. is her best friend from home who became a friend by default) came through Charlotte on their cross country road trip. They left San Diego last weekend and are driving to Massachusetts - M. has been living in California for the past few years and is moving back to Massachusetts for grad school. We didn't do anything crazy because they were exhausted from being on the road for almost a week and had a dog in tow, but we did have a delicious dinner at Mac's and watched too much Shark Week.

3. Outdoor Adventures(?)
Really hoping that the weather cooperates this weekend because there's lots of fun stuff to do outside - tonight there's either SkyFall in South End or The Croods at Symphony Park (I've mentioned in an earlier post that A. and I have an unhealthy love of movies like Shrek, Cars etc, and I've professed my love for outdoor movies after watching Jaws onboard the USS Intrepid in NYC in June) and tomorrow is Beast Feast at the USNWC.

4. So Delicious Coconut Milk Coffee Creamer
For a long time I enjoyed my morning coffee with fat free half & half. About 6 months ago I switched over to regular milk because the ingredient list for the half & half was long and alarming. A few weeks ago I tried So Delicious Coconut Milk Creamer, and really enjoy it. They come in a few flavors, but so far the Harris Teeter near me only carries Original and French Vanilla. The French Vanilla has a few grams of sugar in it, so I've been using that one  because then I don't need to add any extra sugar to my coffee. I'd like to track down the Hazelnut flavor, that's my favorite coffee flavor!

5. FillASeat
I'm actually not sure if I love this yet because we haven't been members for long, but awhile back Groupon had a discounted membership to FillASeat Charlotte. The idea is that when shows/concerts/plays haven't sold out, they provide tickets to FillASeat for their members which you reserve online and then pick up at will call the day of the show. It just came to Charlotte from Vegas and 17 other cities. They're very secretive about the whole thing though, so I'm not sure yet what sorts of events we have to look forward to...I read some not so glowing reviews in other cities where it ended up being mostly comedy shows, but it was only $20 for the year for both of us, so even if we go to just a few comedy shows, it will have paid for itself. We'll see...sort of feels like a secret society. Possibly a society of morons who fell for it, but I'm keeping an open mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment