Friday, August 30, 2013

Five on Friday - Labor Day edition

Hey y'all, linking up again to share 5 random thoughts this Friday. Hope everyone has a great long weekend!

1. I am super excited to head off to Upstate NY this weekend for the wedding of our dear friends! Being that we live so far away from most of our friends and family, these wedding weekends serve double duty as friend time AND a time to celebrate the wonderful couple.

2. I love all the fall inspired posts this past week...but I must be honest, I'm not quite ready for fall! However, when I saw a post on Facebook from Harpoon Brewery (a favorite Boston brewery of mine) about their Pumpkin Cider, I quickly hopped on their site to see where it was sold near me. Well, the closest store was in South Carolina, so off we went in search of a 6-pack. There were two left on the shelf when we got there and I nabbed 'em up. Hopefully this cider will help me get into the fall mood - cuz I LOVE fall!
Via
3. I'm way late to the Capri Blue Volcano candle (the Anthropologie candle) bandwagon, but I'm here!
Via
4. e.l.f. lip exfoliator. I am a chapped/dry lip sufferer. I first read about this product in July, and spent the past 6 weeks trying to find it at Target. They finally had it at my local Target last week and I snatched it up. So far I'm impressed, it's not an instant fix, but with use over the past week I definitely have smoother lips. It smells and tastes good, which is nice because inevitably you'll end up licking you lips at some point.

5. Sadly I had to miss my extended family's annual lake trip to the Finger Lakes in New York last weekend, but I'm super excited that my parents picked up a few bottles of wine from my favorite vineyard, Keuka Spring Vineyard, while they were up there. We actually got all of our wedding wine from Keuka Spring last summer, and I have fun memories of wine tasting with my cousins a few summers ago, so their wine is really special to me! Doesn't hurt that it's actually pretty darn good - their 2012 Riesling just won the NY Governor's Cup!
Keuka Spring 2010...pretending we were there last weekend :)
I'll be back next week, hopefully in the mood for fall! I feel like I hardly had a summer because of all the moving shenanigans. We normally get a little more beach time, but this summer we were up to our ears (literally) in enormous boxes to unpack and a "new normal" to figure out! I just want one last summer weekend.

1 comment:

  1. That pumpkin cider looks delicious! And the jack-o lantern is getting me excited about Halloween! I'll have to try that Anthro candle. Candles never smell in my house. So I'm willing to try anything!

    ReplyDelete