Monday, August 19, 2013

What's for dinner?

We have some fun meals planned for this week:

-Crab Chowder (look for that recipe on the blog later this week)
-Shrimp Tacos w/ creamy Hatch chile sauce (if our local Chuy's isn't going to partake in the Hatch Green Chile Festival, I'll have to do it myself!)
-Gnocchi with homemade Vodka Sauce
-Arroz con Pollo

A few other yummies from the past week or so:
1. Guilt Free Brownies from Trader Joe's - this brownie mix is amazing! All you do is add 2/3 of a cup of fat free vanilla yogurt to the mix and bake for 22-27 minutes. Even my yogurt-hating husband loved them. The list of ingredients isn't even scary! They are pretty sweet, but you could probably go halfsies and do half vanilla and half plain yogurt to cut that down a bit.

2. Who doesn't love pho on a rainy day? On Saturday we broke our "cook all meals this week" goal as we were out running errands in the chilly rain at lunch time and close to Doan's Vietnamese Restaurant on South Blvd. Lots of people had the same idea, the only other time we'd been there it had been pretty quiet, but on this day it was packed! Their pho hit the spot and warmed us up.

3. Over the past several years I've amassed quite the collection of recipes between emails from my parents, Cooking Light, Pinterest, Skinnytaste, and other websites. They've been stored all over the place, in a folder on my desktop, Pinterest boards, but mostly as bookmarks. Around Christmas this year, my old computer quit on me and I lost some of them. Finally I'm getting around to putting together a binder of recipes. I searched high and low on Google to find a recipe binder system I could buy, but nothing was quite right, so I'm trying to do it myself, including designing some cute little recipe card printables. So far it's really cute, I'll share it when it's a little further along.

1 comment:

  1. Your meals sound amazing. I will for sure be stopping in to get some great recipe ideas! I need all the help I can get.
    -Becky
    The Pumpkin Spot

    ReplyDelete