Monday, September 9, 2013

Blogtember: Personality Test

Today's Blogtember prompt is to take a short personality test and share the results. As a management minor in college, I've taken this test a number of times, but it never ceases to amaze me. (I must admit, the spelling extravert vs. extrovert is driving me nuts!)

ENFJ
Extravert(11%)  iNtuitive(12%)  Feeling(88%)  Judging(44%)
  • You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (11%)
  • You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
  • You have strong preference of Feeling over Thinking (88%)
  • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)
 I think that my "preference" for extroversion has shrunken recently because I'm in many fewer social situations since leaving my job and moving to a new place. 
 
I Googled a profile of ENFJ and wanted to share a few things that really struck a chord with me. ENFJs have Extroverted Feeling with Introverted Intuition. I'm not at all surprised to know that I have some introverted tendencies, I was very shy as a kid, and to this day need a fair amount of time to recharge and relax after a lot of social activity.

However:
"Have the tendency to be hard on themselves and turn to dark thoughts when alone."
This one really hits home because I've been dealing with a lot of anxiety recently, but I've noticed that when I'm immersed in some activity or surrounded by other people, the anxious feelings go away. But as soon as I'm back by myself with no distractions, they come flooding back in.

 "ENFJ's tend to be more reserved about exposing themselves than other extraverted types."
Yup! I've been told a few times that I hold my cards really close to my chest.

"ENFJs do not like dealing with impersonal reasoning. They don't understand or appreciate its merit, and will be unhappy in situations where they're forced to deal with logic and facts without any connection to a human element. Living in the world of people possibilities, they enjoy their plans more than their achievements."
This is so on point. One of the reasons that my husband and I work so well is that he is incredibly logical and I'm very emotion/feeling-centered. It can also be difficult when he can't see it my way (and I'm sure it's difficult for him too when his logical answer is so obvious to him and I'm just not getting it.) The second part of the quote is also true - I'm such a planner, I like to see the end result, but I'm always scribbling away notes for ideas and some of them never come to fruition.

"An ENFJ who has not found their place in the world is likely to be extremely sensitive to criticism, and to have the tendency to worry excessively and feel guilty"
Again, this one really rings true recently, I take quick offense to questions about how I spent my day recently, because I feel guilty a lot of the time that I haven't found a job and do have a lot of lazy days.

Even though I've taken this personality test before, it was really interesting to take it again and to read the profile because certain feelings and tendencies which didn't really manifest before have come through because of what is going on in my life. I've probably just ignored some of the lines in the past.


No comments:

Post a Comment