Monday, September 30, 2013

Menu for the Week

Charlotte weather really listened when we rolled into fall last Sunday. I've been loving the cool mornings & evenings and warm, sunny days of late. Fall is so comfy and nostalgic. It brings out the burrower in me...nothing better than smells of baking and cooking filling the house on a fall weekend afternoon, don't you think?

This weekend I cooked up a pot of this Chicken, Mushroom & Wild Rice soup - it doesn't take long, especially if you use rotisserie chicken meat, but there is some serious flavor from the sauteed vegetables, splash of white wine and half & half.

I also made a bolognese sauce from scratch yesterday, which we enjoyed over some fresh linguine from Pasta & Provisions and a couple glasses of Pinot Noir. YUM! We'll be enjoying the leftovers for awhile.

I'm looking forward to Chicken Vesuvio tonight.

I've been seriously slacking on sharing some of my recent DIY projects, so I'll be making an extra effort this week to share a few of my favorite projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment