Sunday, September 8, 2013

What's Cookin'...

Holy cow - our apartment is pretty close to the Greek Orthodox Church in Dilworth, and their annual Greek Festival is this weekend. We took advantage of the drive-thru food lane for lunch on Saturday and picked up gyros and a big Greek salad. It was D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S! And why doesn't every festival EVER have a drive-thru food lane? I can totally get behind that.

It was a good food weekend all around - on Friday night I chowed down on pretzels and a big skillet full of mussels in beer broth at the Liberty in South End.

Here's what else is cookin' this week:
Sunday - Roast Beef, Lightened Up Creamed Spinach, Roasted red potatoes
Monday - Chicken Sausage & quinoa with veggies
Tuesday -  Rotini with Butternut Squash sauce
Wednesday -  Eggplant Parm (I love the frozen breaded eggplant cutlets at Trader Joe's, they're better than you can get at many restaurants.)
Thursday - Coconut Shrimp

Plus I'm planning to stock the freezer with several types of veggie burgers, which I'll write about tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment