Friday, October 18, 2013

Outdoor Five on Friday

Happy Friday! It's been quite a while since I've linked up for Five on Friday!


We've got lots of outdoor activities planned for the coming weeks (weather permitting), so I'll share some of those today!

One
Rural Hill Maize Maze - we're headed off to this corn maze tonight, with our flashlights and picnic in tow.

Two
North Carolina Hot Air Balloon Festival - we're planning an afternoon at the hot air balloon festival being held at the airport this weekend in Statesville. I've heard it can be a zoo, but it's on the bucket list, so we're going.

Three
Crowder's Mountain Hike - A combination of our early October visit to Cape Cod and a picture shared on my alma mater's Facebook page, had me in search of a fall foliage hike in the Charlotte area. I've been keeping my eye on the official foliage reports from visitnc.com and it looks like we still have a few weeks before Crowder's Mountain will be at it's peak.

Four
Biltmore - My in-laws will be making their first visit to North Carolina in a few weeks and we're thinking the Biltmore would be a great way to spend a day of their visit. If we don't go when they're here, we're definitely planning a trip out to the Asheville area pretty soon.

Five
If you're in the Philly area - check it out!
Alright, so we won't be partaking in this gem of a festival, but wanted to share, nonetheless. Chestnut Hill, the "garden district" of Philadelphia, and a neighborhood where I spent many (countless really) an hour loitering outside of Starbucks and other establishments as a teenager, hosts an annual Harry Potter Festival in October. The storefronts all transform for two days into shoppes from Harry Potter. This festival is pretty new, they never had it when I still lived nearby, but it makes me feel all kinds of nostalgic.


No comments:

Post a Comment