Wednesday, October 9, 2013

What's Cookin' this week

Normally I'd post this on a Monday morning, but I've been having a super lazy week when it comes to getting to the store. A. drove off to Atlanta less than an hour after we landed on Sunday night (yes, if we'd known earlier he had to be in Atlanta first thing Monday morning, we would have made different flight arrangements.) Somehow, I've managed to live out of the fridge/freezer/cabinets and come up with some very creative meals the past few days. I finally made it to the grocery store today, though, so we're in business.

I had all the ingredients I needed to make this Creamy Garlic Pasta I'd pinned a long time ago - so I made several servings the other day. I had to add more chicken broth to get the pasta finished, but it was otherwise delicious. I also made pumpkin muffins using the Trader Joe's Pumpkin Bread/Muffin mix (I added about 1/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips and used some leftover canned pumpkin puree in place of one egg - told you I needed to go to the store) - yum! I'll have to go stock up on a few more boxes of the mix.

As we speak I've got a batch of applesauce in the slow cooker - this is my third batch of slow cooker applesauce this fall, the recipe I've been using is a winner. Totally tastes like apple pie.

I'm also planning to make Italian Wedding Soup, Turkey Meatball Hoagies with the leftover meatballs from the soup (larger, of course), baked chicken burritos, and pizza.

My dad sent me a copy of the Sullivan Street Bakery Bread Book and I've got my first batch rising. Considering one bag of bread flour costs about the same as a loaf of bread at the super market, and should yield several loaves, I'm feeling pretty proud right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment