Friday, December 13, 2013

Five on Friday the 13th

1. Getting crafty - A. was away for a few days this week and I used the time to clean and do laundry, be crafty and bake. I'm making peppermint oreo truffles and gingerbread cookie truffles for an ugly sweater party I'm going to this weekend, and I finally finished a few of the winter/holiday crafts I'd been putting off, including a homemade ornament for a White Elephant gift exchange. I'll share it after the party, but I'm pretty excited with how it turned out! I still haven't hit "submit" on our holiday card order, so those are looking more and more like they'll be New Year's/Season's Greetings cards.

2. Roasted broccoli. I seriously can't get enough this week. I've eaten three whole heads of broccoli by myself. Yum.

3. GorillaPod Tripod by Joby
Image via
 I've been eyeing this snappy little tripod for quite a while, and recently added it to an Amazon order. It attaches easily to my digital camera, and it's bendy legs make it possible to get all kinds of shots. I'm awful at taking pictures of cooking and crafts projects, and I'm a big self-timer fan and this tripod has really come in handy a few times already. I haven't used it for anything as extreme as the picture above, but it's a great little (cheap) gadget. Stocking stuffer, perhaps?

4. Gingerbread House Forever Stamps
Image via
How cute are these Gingerbread House forever stamps?! Add that to the fact that our holiday cards are going to double as "new address" cards for our house and I had to snatch them up. Now there's no excuse not to get our cards out. They are just the perfect mix of whimsy and stylish.

5. Baked French Toast - I've been experimenting with baked french toast recently, and have found the perfect recipes. They are both from the blog Two Peas & Their Pod. The first one I made was on Thanksgiving morning and it was kind of a combination of their Baked Pumpkin French Toast and their Baked Eggnog French Toast. I also made a batch of the eggnog version last night and put it in the oven first thing this morning as a surprise for my husband to celebrate his company's year-end presentation being today. Today was always an exciting day in Texas, the whole office would get together for a big holiday party at A.'s boss' house after the presentation. We're sad to be missing out (but excited to spend it with a new group of coworkers in Charlotte), so I wanted to do something special.

No comments:

Post a Comment