Friday, January 24, 2014

5 on Friday

Happy Friday! Linking up a little late for Five on Friday. P.S. Is it totally weird that I always remember that January 24th is the birthday of my crush in middle school? I have a memory for weird numbers so it's not out of the ordinary for me, just random. Another story for another day is that my best friend since 7th grade and I bonded over our mutual crush on the same boy...usually these things tear girls apart, we built the foundation of our friendship on it. Luckily he was never interested in either of us! Anyway...on with my Five.

1. I'm so excited to finally have my husband back in town after back-to-back-to-back business trips that have had him out of town for most of the last three weeks. We had plans for a lazy weekend but turns out we're headed to Charleston for a night for (another) work-related trip for him. This will be our first time in Charleston, so I'm excited to take in the sights before and after attending his work event. And, the weather is supposed to be in the 50's, so our plans for a historic district walking tour shouldn't be TOO frigid and miserable.

2. I used my time home alone to make an effort to eat pretty healthy and actually didn't eat meat for the past 11 days. It helped me lose all the holiday weight, plus one extra pound from my "usual" weight. I really didn't miss meat, but I don't think I'll be going meat-free full-time.

3. Trader Joe's Salted Caramel Chai - I've been enjoyed iced chai lattes at home the past few days (yes, even despite the chilly weather I prefer them iced.) I love that the whole canister costs about the same as one latte at a coffee shop and makes seven at home lattes.

4. I also spent some time this week crafting, turning one of our leftover wedding decorations into a chalkboard - I'll be sharing the results on the blog next week - but I'm really happy with the way it came out. Now to figure out my first chalk design...

5. Though I've yet to see if with my own eyes, we were supposed to get a driveway and cabinets installed at the new house this week...making a trip over before we head out of town.

Hope y'all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness! we built our house a few years ago and it's wonderful to be all moved in. i'm so excited for you! found you through the linkup! new reader. yay!

    ReplyDelete