Friday, January 17, 2014

Foodie Five on Friday

With Charlotte's twice annual Queen's Feast kicking off tonight, today's Five on Friday link up is dedicated to 5 restaurants in Charlotte I can't wait to try!

1. Like many Charlotte residents, I have been planning our Queen's Feast restaurant week dinners since the restaurants and menus were posted right after the holidays. I've actually changed my mind, and our reservations a few times. But, I think we finally have it  all figured out. The first restaurant we'll be dining at is George's Brasserie in Piedmont Town Center. I've heard amazing things (especially about their Happy Hour) so I can't wait! From perusing the cocktail menu, I also know that I'll be trying their Spicy Mule (Tito's Vodka - my favorite, lime, ginger beer, and jalapeno.)

2. If you're like me, you may find it hard to limit yourself in making Queen's Feast reservations, but what with our building a house, and then filling a house, and traveling out of state for a ton of weddings this year, we're trying to cut back on dining out. That being said, we've "limited" ourselves to two restaurants for the week. The second restaurant is Bistro La Bon, another that I've heard great buzz about, but we haven't made it there yet.

3. My parents were looking for a few last Christmas minute gifts for my husband and I suggested a few restaurants that were opening up in Charlotte that we haven't been to yet. We've been to Tupelo Honey in Asheville, and tried to go in Greenville (but the wait was outrageous), so we're super excited to have it open in Charlotte now. I've heard the wait is already crazy, so we'll wait for a random weeknight when we don't feel like cooking, or a weekend morning when we wake up early.

2. Nan & Byron's - I feel like Nan & Byron's opened to huge fanfare, and I can't wait to try their food. We loved our anniversary dinner at 5Church, and love comfort food - so you can't really go wrong, can you (especially with another Christmas gift card!)

5. Finally, after my incredible birthday dinner at Good Food on Montford, I can't wait to try their new Italian concept sister restaurant, Stagioni, on Providence Rd. The menu looks incredible, and if they're as well thought out and expertly prepared as every single thing we ate at GFoM's (seriously, the meal was pretty much flawless), we're in for a treat.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I am so sharing the Spicy Mule recipe with my hubster- on our honeymoon his favorite day drink was something they were making him called a Moscow Mule and he's really into the ginger beer. All of your restaurant mentions make me want to visit Charlotte! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Love Moscow Mules! You need a fancy copper mug for the full effect! Happy Weekend to you, too!

      Delete