Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Hey There, 2014!


I didn't really have much beef with 2013; it was an exciting year for us...but it was a crazy year too. So, I'm really looking forward to 2014 being a little bit more....settled? I guess that's the word. We spent the beginning of 2013 wondering when we'd get the official word that we were moving, and it kept getting pushed until I started to feel like it would never happen. Then we found out we'd be moving June 1st and immediately started planning. Even though we DO have a move planned in 2014 - it's on our terms, and only a few miles down the road.

We have a huge number of weddings to attend in 2014 (7 or 8), but we're excited that it means we'll see a lot of our friends. I'm hoping that we can work out a way to go on a real vacation, because as long as we've lived far from "home home," we've used most of our paid time off to travel back for various weddings and holidays. In fact, I think in the 5ish years we've lived together, the only real vacation we've been on was our honeymoon. We did lots of local weekend getaways, and I'm hoping that we keep doing that, especially now that we have new locales to explore; but we could use a real vacation!

As for blogging, I've gone through a few cycles with it; loving it at first, then starting to feel like it was consuming me, then wondering why I bothered, and then getting back into it. So I guess we'll see what 2014 has in store for the blog. When I started Dream It Yourself, I envisioned it being a place to document projects and potentially renovations. We're having a house built, so there won't be much in the way of renovations (hopefully!!), but I already have a list of projects for after we move in. Until then, I'll be working on sharing more about our building process. I've always loved reading other people's home building stories (even before I knew we'd be building), so maybe this space can be helpful for someone else who is considering building.

No comments:

Post a Comment