Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Meatless Mania

I meant to post this on Monday, but never got around to it..it was a nasty weather day and I was in a blah mood...so, yeah!

I'm tackling one of my "life list" (as yet unposted - does it still count if I do it before I go public with the list?) items the next two weeks and am planning to go meatless. I've never really been one for strict diet plans, and have always just held myself accountable and balanced out unhealthy meals with eating well, but between the holidays and falling into a bad pattern of eating out (it's fun in a new city!) I feel like I need a little break. Plus, A. is super busy with work through the end of the month so between a bunch of short trips and other meetings, I'm on my own for a bunch of dinners - which makes this the perfect time to cook up lots of meatless meals. He's not crazy about most meatless meals, so I'm planning to make a bunch of my favorites, plus try out a few I've had bookmarked for awhile.

Here are some of the meals I'm planning:

Lunches
-Creamy Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese
-Eggplant & Pesto Panini
-Egg, Tomato & Scallion Sandwich (I was really skeptical about this combination when I first came across it on Skinnytaste, but once again Gina has a hit.)
-Quinoa & Spinach Burgers (makes me think of the kween-o patties in the Bud Light/NFL commercials)
-Spaghetti Squash fritters
-Greek Quinoa Salad

Dinners
-Noodles and Broccoli with Peanut Sauce (so easy and delicious)
-Eggplant Parmesan
-Spaghetti Squash Primavera
-Mushroom Stroganoff
-Chana Masala (Indian chickpea dish), spinach & crispy saffron rice - I stole a few cans of a chana masala from my parents' cabinets. There's an Indian bistro in their neighborhood that also sells cans of some of their food at a few local grocery stores.

The hardest part is deciding when to make which meals! I'll admit now that I'm cheating on a few items and using chicken broth - but I'm looking to vegetables, legumes and quinoa for my proteins.

No comments:

Post a Comment