Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Resolving to Read

My poor Kindle. I hadn't touched it in quite a while (the battery was even completely dead) and went to download a new book I'd ordered through the Kindle store. As I loaded my library, I came across no fewer than 4 books that were partially read. Apparently I've become a book abandoner. I think it's easier to do with Kindle books, you don't see them sitting there on your nightstand, so a busy week of no reading can easily become much longer. So, I resolve that before I add any more Kindle books to my library, I will finish the ones I've left half-read. Here's what I've got:

-Let's Pretend This Never Happened: A Mostly True Memoir - Jenny Lawson - 11% (this is the new one I bought when I discovered the abandoned books so it shouldn't count as I'm actively reading it.)

-Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls - David Sedaris - 15%

-Allegiant (Divergent Trilogy) - Veronica Roth - 14% (I read the first two back to back but then there was a long gap before the third and final book came out so I've had a little trouble picking up where I left off.)

-The Happiness Project - Gretchen Rubin - 32% (I can't bring myself to read this book all at once - I'll read a chapter and then come back to it later.)

-The Underland Chronicles - Suzanne Collins - 17% (this one has been abandoned for over a year - I had to go back several pages in my library to even find it. I'm afraid I might have to start it over again because I don't remember much from the first read.)

-In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto - Michael Pollan - 14%

I've got my work cut out for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment