Friday, February 7, 2014

First February Five on Friday

Happy Friday! Linking up to share my Five on Friday.

1 // Unless you've been living under a rock, you know that tonight is the Opening Ceremony for the Olympics. I'm excited! My cousin is in Sochi competing in her first Olympics! It's been really interesting to follow her journey to the Sochi Olympics over the past year, because they competed in Sochi about a year ago and she told us all about how there was NOTHING there and that they were literally moving a river to build the main roads in and out of the Olympic complex. Now, her pictures look much different. I'm sure we've all seen the reports of journalists arriving at unfinished hotels and other strange happenings, but so far my cousin hasn't reported anything being amiss on her end.

2 // In honor of the opening ceremony I've got all the ingredients to stir up some Moscow Mules tonight. I discovered Moscow Mules at a bar in Boston about a year and a half ago and it quickly became a favorite drink of mine. And yes, I know that Moscow Mules were created in the United States, but I don't care.
3 // Tea Tree Oil
In the words of the Frank's Red Hot commercial Grandma - "I put that $h!t on everything!" My husband used to whine and complain about the smell of tea tree oil, but I've since caught him using it on stubborn spots or irritated ingrown beard hairs. I'm a firm believer that if you have a skin issue, put some tea tree oil on it.

4 //  Yuengling Ice Cream
In college I used to transport 30 racks of Yuengling from Philly back to school because it was impossible to find in Massachusetts. Unfortunately, ice cream is not as easy to transport across state lines, because while we do have ready access to Yuengling beer in Charlotte, they won't be carrying the new ice cream line here (yet.) With flavors like root beer float, vanilla fudge chunk with pretzels, and black & tan (salty caramel ice cream with a swirl of Belgian chocolate) I'm going to make a point to grab a quart the next time I'm in Philadelphia. And actually...the ice cream isn't new, they produced ice cream during the Prohibition and until 1985, and now it's back in a few select East Coast markets.
source

5 //  I'm not sure if I should be proud or horrified but I was alerted last night that I was the second person at my university to sign up for Facebook when it became available. My friend was the first. We were sitting together in a first year Global Society seminar when we found out our school had been added to the (at that time) relatively short list of colleges on The Facebook. Our dorm had also led a campaign to email Facebook to get them to add our school. So crazy to think that it's been almost 10 years since that Fall day in Global Society.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. My hubby will be coming to your house then hahaha we discovered some 'versions' of the Moscow Mule on our honeymoon and he has loved them everr since! (love the mug as well!) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete