Saturday, September 6, 2014

A Re-Introduction

Howdy!

It's been an embarrassingly long time since I've posted round these parts, and now seemed like as good a time as any to say hey! I can't promise I'm back for real...but I'm going to make an effort to drop in with more regularity. Life's been BUSY since we last spoke!

Hi, I'm Kiri.

I live in Charlotte, NC. I'm originally from Philadelphia, but lived in the Houston, TX area for almost four years before moving to Charlotte in 2013. I've been married to my husband, A. since July 2012, though we've been together for over 10 years. We built a townhouse in Charlotte, which we closed on about two weeks after my last blog post. I also started a new job a few weeks before we moved (wouldn't recommend that to anyone!), so things have been pretty hectic these last 6 months. I've written so many "I'm back" posts that sit in my drafts folder - I've been pretty bummed that the whole reason I started this blog in 2013, to document DIY and house projects, kind of fell by the wayside over the past several months.

Can't find a more recent picture, at the moment.

We've got a sweet, rambunctious Maine Coon cat, Stella, who brings us a lot of joy as she chases us around the house and drinks water out of our abandoned cups. I've never done online dating to find a date, but I did find Stella on Petfinder.com and it was love at first sight. We arranged a blind date a few days later, and from the moment we saw her little tongue sticking out of her mouth in her cage, we knew we had to have her!


I've known for a long time that I wanted to work with senior citizens...and have in some capacity for several years. I've learned a lot in my current job...like managing people is HARD, work/life balance is real (and I suck at it), and that sensible work shoes are probably a necessity at this point in my life (I average about 15,000 steps a day at work, according to my phone pedometer, so flats just don't cut it anymore...) Also, I seem to find the best coworkers who become great friends everywhere I go!

 -We have a Southern Bucket List which encourages us to get out and do things we never thought we'd do. When you move far away from family and friends, it's easy to feel like you're missing out, so our bucket lists have been great.
A Texas Bucket List item...Dinosaur Valley State Park

Confession time! No one in my "real life" knows about my blog, except for my husband. Or, if they know, they're staying awfully quiet! I'm not hiding it, I just don't go out of my way to talk about it. Every time I consider spilling the beans, I chicken out...

Anyway, it's nice to be back, even if it's only sort of!

No comments:

Post a Comment